Guest: Brian Mullis
Company: Sustainable Travel International URL: http://sustainabletravel.org
Show Sponsor: Radify Development
“Communities, governments, and businesses around the world are seeing travel and tourism as a mechanism and catalyst for positive change.”
Sustainable Travel International is on a mission to ‘make the world a better destination’. We chat with Founder and CEO who reminds us that ONE IN EVERY 11 PEOPLE DEPENDS ON TRAVEL AND TOURISM!!
We were stoked to have Brian on the show! Sustainable Travel absolutely dominates. They have worked in 56 countries since 2002, guided by the steady hand of Brian Mullis who has fostering a more just and responsible travel and tourism industry—one that protects the environmental, economic and social fabric of destinations globally and that holds itself accountable for its impacts.
Their work is all about improving people’s lives and protecting places, and they do it by aiding partners in:
- Providing destinations and host communities with greater economic opportunities in a well-planned tourism sector
- Supporting people and destinations to help them carefully manage their tourism assets and celebrate their cultural and natural heritage.
- Helping companies reduce natural resource use, maximize benefits to host communities, safeguard local attractions and employ local people
SUSTAINABLE TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL DOES SOME SERIOUS PROJECTS!!
- Sustainable Destinations Alliance for the Americas (SDAA)
- Galapagos Islands
- Mesoamerican Reef Tourism Initiative (MARTI)
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- Torres del Paine National Park
- USAID LESTARI Ecotourism Program
AND WORKS WITH A FEW PARTNERS YOU MAY HAVE HEARD OF…
Abercrombie & Kent – G Adventures – Globus Family of Brands – National Geographic – Mt. Huangshan Administrative Committee – Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. – Travel Oregon – UNESCO – United Airlines
Check out the show and their site to hear the entire story, there is so much happening in this one it’s almost overwhelming!
Want to be totally hooked into all things rad in alternative development? Sign up here for our very occasional, highly curated newsletter!
Follow Guest on:
STI Twitter: @STI_travel;
STI Facebook: @SustainableTravel
STI YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sustainabletravel;
STI LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/1822895